Possibly the grossest story you will read today

Are you sure you want to read it?  Ok, you’ve been warned:

Man Sues Chicago Seafood Restaurant for Giving Him 9-Foot Tapeworm

CHICAGO — A man who contends he got a 9-foot tapeworm after eating undercooked fish is suing a Chicago restaurant.

In a lawsuit filed Monday, Anthony Franz says he ordered salmon salad for lunch from Shaw’s Crab House in 2006 and fell violently ill. He later passed the giant parasite, which a pathologist determined came from undercooked fish, such as salmon.

Franz’s lawsuit seeks $100,000 from Shaw’s and its parent company, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises.

Franz claims the restaurant’s staff was negligent in serving him improperly cooked fish.

But Carrol Symank, president of food safety for Lettuce Entertain You, says the tapeworm didn’t come from Shaw’s Crab House.

“We have done a thorough investigation and we’re confident the restaurant is not the source,” he said.

According to the Web site mayoclinic.com, tapeworms can measure up to 50 feet long.

Now I don’t know about you, but the thought of “passing” anything 9 feet long is a little upsetting.

Fox News (via my friend Paul)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s