…to Mackalicious over at Blogging Pantsless. His comment on my previous post was the 1000th comment on this website. It only took 631 posts to get there! And to everyone else, thanks for continuing to stop by this place every so often and leave your thoughts! It wouldn’t work without you!
If you are a fan of Pink Floyd, you need to check this cd out. Luther Wright and the Wrongs have taken Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”, and rebuilt it from the ground up. Only, they have infused their old-time country/folk sound into it. They do a great job on each song, making each one sound as if you need to be having a hoedown while listening to it. There is plenty of slide-guitar, violin, and of course, banjo all throughout the album.
I want to also note that this cd is just as complex as Pink Floyd’s version. There are little background noises/sound effects/dialog, only they are crafted for the musical style of the CD.
Head to Amazon and listen to some samples. These guys have made a GREAT cover of an amazing piece of art.
Check out these pictures of the world’s largest swimming pool, located in Chile. Amazing!
It is more than 1,000 yards long, covers 20 acres, had a 115-ft deep end and holds 66 million gallons of water. The Guinness Book of Records named the vast pool beside the sea in Chile as the biggest in the world. But if you fancy splashing out on one of your own and you have the space to accommodate it then beware: This one took five years to build, cost nearly $1 billion and the annual maintenance bill will be $2 million.
Can you imagine doing laps in this thing? ! For more pictures, click the link below.
Well, the losing streak is over. And in this challenge, that is not a good thing!
So I’m up 2 pounds. And to top things off, I strained my foot during my jog Friday, so I am limping right now. I hope I heal soon so I can get back into the swing of things!
- Starting weight: 289.0
- Last’s week’s weight: 266.0
- Today’s weigh-in weight: 268.0
- Today’s weight loss/gain: +2 pounds
- TOTAL +/-: -21 pounds
Remember, if you want to take part in the RagamuffinTop Challenge, go here to read all about the details. Basically, you set a goal and post the results weekly. The best part is that the entire world is your accountability partner!
Saturday, I went to Turner Field to see the Atlanta Braves play some baseball. When I got to my parking place, my first thought was to look around me to see how I could find my car in the sea of cars after the game. Then it hit me: use the GPS.
I opened up Google Maps, had it locate me, then I dropped a pin to identify the location.
After the game, I just walked towards the dot. It was accurate within about 3 feet.
So you see, there’s another great use for a 3G iPhone- using it I find your car in a huge parking lot.
On my iPod, I have close to 20,000 songs or so. Most of that is music I am very proud to own, and I certainly would not mind listening to it in public with the windows down. That being said, I do have some tunes that I want to keep to myself. Of those, here are my top 5 (and some attempt at justification at each). Keep in mind, I don’t listen to these a lot, but if I can’t decide what to listen to, one (or all) of these will do the trick:
5. Britney Spears – Stronger I think the video for this song originally got me hooked, or maybe it’s the refrain of the last chorus, but whatever it is, this song has a pretty solid groove!
4. N’Sync – Dirty Pop On a production level, this song is so complex, I can listen to it over and over again, and each time hear a new sound effect or loop. And yeah, I guess the “we don’t take crap from anyone because we’re N’-stinkin’-Sync” theme of the song is ok. But listen to it, and you’ll find yourself singing DDDDDDDDDDDDirty pop, y-y-y-y-y-you can’t stop”.
3. Backstreet Boys – Everybody “Dun, dun dun dun dun dun, dun, dun dun dun, O my God, we’re back again, dun, dun nuh nuh.” This song has a great beat, tune, plus I ripped it off several years ago when I needed a beat for a remix I made. I’m THAT guy that when the line comes on, “am I sex-u-al”, I always say “Noooo,ooooo”.
2. Various – Lady Marmalade Christina Aguelara (sp?) has a great set of pipes (read: vocal chords), and she uses every bit of them in this song. Also, Pink sounds pretty good in this song. Plus, how often do you get to sing in French?
1. Hanson – Mmmm Bop If you have a list similar to this, most likely this song is somewhere on it. I will freely admit that this song is one of the catchiest dang songs I have ever heard. Plus, when the video came out, I thought “Hey, that girl lead singer is kind of cute”. Then I found out she was a he. Now that I think about that, I kind of wish I had not revealed that here. All that aside, this is a fun song about who-knows-what, but it tops my list of guilty pleasure songs.
So, what are yours?? UPDATE: Celine Dion’s “The Power of Love” falls somewhere in this list. Just sayin…
3 days later, and I’m still on a high from my first 5k. Here is a picture taken of me from the final quarter mile or so.
I have to admit, it’s a pretty studly picture.
Ladies, I’m single.
There is a website I found that will take any picture you have on your computer, or a picture that is online, and make it look really old. Here is the result from my test:
On my way to trivia tonight, I pulled up to a red light. The can in front of me had the following license plate:
Is it wrong to want to slap someone for that? It says “Prynses” for crying out loud!